Gadis Magazine, Indonesia

Tagged With: ,

WOW! First, thank you to Chunva for the translation of this magazine and thank you to kiki2 for the scans! More history being made by Tokio Hotel as they reach more and more places in the world. (The article appears to be recycled from other news we may already know, but it is in this new publication)

Tokio Hotel is Dominated by The Kaulitz Brothers

Just like the Oasis driven by Liam and Noel Gallagher, Tokio Hotel is dominated by Bill and Tom Kaulitz brothers. Yup! Although it’s a band, it’s undeniable that just the frontman, Bill and twin brother, Tom, who become the center of media attention and hold control. Will the band, which fills the soundtracks of Alice in the Wonderland movie, end like Oasis too?

Dominated by The Kaulitz Brothers
Try watch various news and interviews about Tokio Hotel! All questions are answered by just Bill (vocals) and Tom (guitar). While Georg Listing (bass) and Gustav Schäfer (drums) pretty much just sort of ‘cheerleaders’. Whereas, it’s the four of them building this German band together in 2001 (when Bill and Tom was only 12 years old!), After Georg and Gustav watched the Kaulitz brothers’ appearance in Magdeburg club gigs. However, over time, the popularity of Bill with the eccentric appearance and Tom’s cleverness in answering questions, show who actually hold the big role in Tokio Hotel. “From the beginning, Georg and Gustav have never wanted anything to do the photo shoot, interviews, and also red carpet. They gave that to Tom and me,” said Bill.

So now although they are not as well known as the Kaulitz brothers, Georg and Gustav that in terms of appearance also choose to look simple, are not jealous at all of the two brothers’ popularity. “Quite the contrary! They’re happy that it’s like this. Gustav and Georg could not imagine to stand in the center of attention and they admire me and my brother Tom, that we can stand all of this,” said Bill who is famous with his androgyny style.

Big Success, Tight Schedule
The English version of the album from this band which is successful since the year 2005, Scream (2007) and Humanoid (2009), generate amazing results! Their presence in the international arena is increasingly well-received after nearly 10 years being formed. The proofs, they had consecutively won awards at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2007 (Best Interact), MTV Video Music Awards 2008 (Best New Artist) and MTV Europe Music Awards 2009 (Best Group).

Their popularity is growing as with the frenzy schedules of ’1000 Hotels’ tour concert (March-July 2008) across Europe for more than a year, plus added tour dates for the United States! However, this European tour happened to get into trouble. Bill’s vocal cords was in used non-stop during 43 times concerts, he finally had to undergo a surgery. If he was determined to continue with the tour, he will certainly lose his voice forever.

Psst .. Just so you know, due to their really tight tour schedule, Humanoid album which has been released just recently was also made on the road! Not like the previous albums, the music of the album which concept is robotic, futuristic sci-fi extravaganza, has much more electronics nuance. Their good music generates praises, including from the bassist of the famous band Kiss wo is also dressed up at the stage, Gene Simmons. “They have a nice image, make good music”, said Simmons.

Main Cast: Bill Kaulitz
Not just a good voice, this frontman whose music is almost similar to 30 Seconds to Mars has also a super unique look. His daily appearances are never out of a big silver necklace, leather gloves, black painted nails and Mohawk (was once 40 cm tall). For every show, there’s a minimum of 5 extravagant costumes in 1 tour. Twin designers Dean and Dan Caten are the most responsible guys who designed the costumes for the frontman who is also doing voice-overs in the film Arthur and The Invisibles.

As for makeup and hair, this guy who had just survived a crash only believes in his own creation, which he usually made for 1 hour before the show. He’s so fashionable that recently Bill was appointed to do a walk at fashion week show in Milan. Spex magazine’s chief editor, Max Dax, have a comment about this vegetarian guy’s appearance. “The singer is unique, a shimmering and authentic freak. He’ll go his way and he could become a figure alike to David Bowie.”

However, it’s not just recently that Bill dressed like today’s glam rocker. As early as the age of 12 years old, this Virgo guy started wearing eyeliner, nail polish and looking like David Bowie. “Originally from a Halloween party, where I dressed as vampire. Since then, I started wearing makeup and nail polish,” says the guy who was also immortalized in the wax figures museum of Madame Tussauds. Rumor says Adam Lambert who has the same dressing concept to him, copy the hell out of the creativity of this guy who translates his own songs from German into English!

Never Gonna Stop
More and more fans from all over the world is making these the four guy have no more private life. In every exit from a hotel where they were on tour, there would be 20 fans cars ready to follow them. In fact, sometimes they don’t know how to spend their money, except to buy the band equipment or simply a holiday in a quiet place with the closest people. “Tokio Hotel is not a job, it’s our life. Outside of that, there’s Hardly anything left, no more than the family,” confess the frontman.

But when asked whether they regret to be a celebrity, the answer is negative. “Success is a curse and a blessing at the same time. I can not live with it, but I also can not live without it. I need the stage, to be on tour and also all this limelight. All of that gives me strength. But , there are times also where I want to really be a normal person.”

Hmm … whether they would survive, or end up like Oasis who suddenly broke up… “I would never quit Tokio Hotel. Sure, there’ll be times where we’ll take a longer break. But the end of Tokio Hotel? Never!” Bill firmly added.

Comments

1. mariajcoronado says:

OUR NEW OFFICIAL FAN NAME IS “THE HUMANOIDS”OK….OK!!!!!SPREAD THE WORD PPL!!!!!! OK..WELL I POSTED THIS IN ALOT OF COMMENT BOXES SO….. PUT THIS IN EVERY COMMENT BOX THAT U CAN !!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!

2. I wish tokio hotel would never end until we’re like old I hope they would be like the old bands like u2, radiohead, the beach boys etc. those bands never broke up.

• me too!
      they’ll probably be old and crinkly in ten years time….and they might even get fat. who knows? But one thing’s for sure, they’ll stick together, and they’ll always be fashionable and stylish, and especially Bill – he’ll still be his amazing, funny, outgoing self.

i’ll still loveee them, because i’ll have grown up with them in my life…and i’ll probably have a few fine lines by then too, so hey, all good.
      Besides, some people get better when they get older. like fine wine and all that…fingers crossed TH forever!!!

3. World behind Ohio-Liz says:

wow its true!!!! tokio hotel’s fan base reaches further than the beatles!!! seriously?? im excited!!! we will one day live in the world of tokio hotel and be rule by the greatest band to ever live ^.^ <3 <3 <3

4. mrsjennakaulitz says:

So cute…..love them so much.
    Every interview, appearance and concert is a gift from heaven.

5. Tokio Hotel living on forever???? A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. wow! i need to but that mag! it’s in my country!

I’m Indonesian and I’m soooooo happy that we have big fandom here…
    so pleaaase TH, come to jakarta =)))))

• hey i’m from indonesia too and i bought Gadis magazine after my friend told me there’s TH inside :-)

we have fansite here
      tokiohotelindo.ning.com

i hope i can see Tokio Hotel here in Jakarta

bill
      george
      tom
      gustav
      they’re awesome !!

• Ooh thank God I’m from Bali and I thought I’m the only Th fans in Indonesia …

8. I wish people would stop bashing Adam Lambert. Yes, he copied Bill’s style. People who admire other people tend to do that. It’s just proof how influential and awesome Bill is, that other people want to imitate him.
    Yes, I think Bill looks better in his outfits than Adam does, and Bill hasn’t made as many public “mistakes” as Adam has, but Adam has a phenomenal singing voice and his album music sounds fairly similar to TH’s “Humanoid” album. Adam has given kudos to Bill – as Bill’s fans, shouldn’t we give kudos to him rather than completely cut him down?
    (Alright, I’m done…I’m a Tokio Hotel fanatic, but I’m an Adam Lambert fan too, and I just want to be a nice fan)

9. I can not picture the becoming like Oasis. What was wrong with those two, i have no idea……Bill and Tom are stronger then that, have a stronger bond.

10. excellent interview! well worded!

11. Tokio Hotel will still being making music and going strong when they are 90, even if they gada do it in weal chairs and bill has to get a wig. mark my words they will never end!! and ill be the 83 year old screaming her heart out in the croud!!;D

12. nice intw! thank you for the translation and i’m happy for indonesian fans!

13. I loved it. Finally someone who talks about them from an admiring perspective, and not some bitch.

14. Tokio Hotel will never end.
    Theyll live on forever in the hearts of the fans<3

15. I love how they squish facts in as adjectives like “the vegetarian……..voice over of Arthur…..”
    lol that is brilliant

16. blackdragonflower says:

Ah David Bowie. XD They do wear very similar style of tight TIGHT pants. ;)

I agree with yvonne, if they remade the movie it would probably be pretty good!

Good interview, quick and thorough… though I don’t like how they say “Tokio Hotel is dominated by the Kaulitz brothers.” It just doesn’t sit well in my stomach.

17. Liam and Noel Gallagher from Oasis are not identical twins. And like Bill said THAT is the difference.

Very very nice article, with a lot of facts and a lot of fact’s comming from Bill himself. Good articles to read for new fans, to know main facts about TH.

18. Lazurline says:

Firstly, this is THE BEST article ever. It crammed all the need-to-know facts about TH without it being over bearing!

2nd:
    “Rumor says Adam Lambert who has the same dressing concept to him, copy the hell out of the creativity of this guy who translates his own songs from German into English!”

THANK GOD, i thought us fans were the only ones to realize Adam is ripping off our shimmering, freakish angel! >:3

19. they should do a re-make of Labyrinth. with Bill as Jareth, the Goblin King. just sayin. cuz they mentioned Bowie. i think it would be cool. :D

• alieneeba22 says:

hey, i think i saw that movie sometime last Sommer…izn’t it in Spanisch? D.D
      but yea that would be awe-some ;D

• I have to say that they should NEVER do a re-make of Labyrinth!!! That movie is great the way it is. I have loved it since I was little and it’s one of those movies that no one should touch!!!!

• i’ve loved it since i was little too. but it doesn’t fall into the category of movies that should be untouched. i happen to think it would be a good re-make. it’s just my opinion.

• I totally think that movie would make a great remake with Bill in Bowie’s charachter. Can you imagine, Bill: Goblin King! Yes, i think i quite like that a lot :P

20. alieneeba22 says:

“The singer is unique, a shimmering and authentic freak…” a damn sexy freak! ;D

“But the end of Tokio Hotel? Never!” Bill firmly added.”
    i also luv this last quote ;)